Thursday, February 24, 2011

Summer, 2008 (2)

This is a blog copied from my Live Space, published on  8/25/2009 6:44:37 PM

It’s time to continue my story.

Since someone mentioned George in the comments, I would like to say something about him first. Though I didn’t talk with him very much, most of time he began the dialogue for correcting my English spelling or grammar errors… A little embarrassing, but I enjoy it more ;-) His first impressive criticism to me is, I still remember, one day when we were chatting about the delay of project, he pointed me out that “how could you (a intern) have such thought!!!” By the way, his driving skill is also very impressive: comparing with Tianchi driving super slowly, George can let you feel the speed and acceleration.

Someone may wonder why I post this blog at this time. The answer is simple: it’s time to leave. Today, is Aug. 26th, a month after my birthday. I always hate this date, because it means the ending of Summer holiday in last decade years. But in 2008, I would just end my intern and leave STB (I remember I still didn’t get the ID card then); this year, I will set off to UCLA in few days.

In that days, we dine out together time to time, and usually we will chose a small restaurant close to Jiaotong University(I forget its name), or “把角川菜馆”. I didn’t eat spicy food before those days, nevertheless, I gradually adapted to those food (even liked them) under the “encourage” and “force” of guys in my team. Honestly, I still miss that delicious food today. Sometimes, we will eat in some big restaurants, which especially likely to happen after team meeting and some big guy (like George, Jun, …) will pay the bill. So I was longing for team meeting at that time.



Oh, team meeting…. It’s really unforgettable. I think it’s first time I realize how poor my expression is. I didn’t organize the speech structure well, let alone the content. The coolest words on the meeting, I think, are from Jun Su: “let’s stop this topic here” or ” Never consider it!”.

Jun Su, our tech-leader and my direct reporter. The truth is he knew me very much, but I knew him a little. He always smile when we took conversation, however, I was in awe of that most time(I don’t know why, maybe it’s because he know me toooooooo well, even better than myself). Every time think of him, I just can’t help to associate him with “small chatting room”. Because most of time he will make a conversation with us in a “small chatting room”, and I used felt curious when I saw someone entering the room with him and getting out a hour later like nothing has happened, until one day, I was asked to chat with him in that room. A word, I think which could change all my life, describing my character and weakness, learned from him: “un-mature”. Yes, it just like a stone hit the surface of water, I began to pour all ideas or problems in my mind to him, including problem with girlfriend. Yes, he is far more than a tech-leader, but a doctor, a doctor for your heart. Jun, thank you again.


At last, I have to mention Renqi Zhu. He is the close friend of Qing Zhi (work together, eat together (even eat same noodle), walk together and chat together …). However, this two-guys’ world was destroyed after my join – I became the third person. It’s OK, it’s ok … they usually still unite together against me. I remember he was working on the low lever communication protocol before I left, about which we should have a discussion … but it never happened.

To be continued,

Mian Qin,

Mingqing Wei,

Yan Huang,

Mingyu Wang

Yiding Zhou,

Qiufang Shi, Yutong Sun,
Keshuang Shen,
Violet Cong...

No comments:

Post a Comment