Thursday, February 24, 2011

Summer, 2008 (1)

This is a blog copied from my Live Space, published on  8/14/2009 5:00:37 PM
I have a very poor memory, most of people in my college life are fading out after two month of my graduation. However, some names or some memory fragments just keep bubbling up recently, and they even become more and more clear ... I know that, I will never forget the days I was in MS STB, and the colleagues there, the summer of 2008.

Please, please let me record part of my memory, some lovely people in the MS STB, one by one...

Zhen Wei, he is the first one I know in the MS; yes, he gave me the tel-interview. I still remember the telephone he gave me that afternoon: a very young voice came from the other end of the line, which even make me think he just graduate too. Later I knew that he is one of the most senior Dev in our teem. Though he is very kind in the phone, I still can't help to be nerves. Lucky for me, he still give me a chance to take the interview...... In fact I find we have a lot of common points: He like working at night, so do I; he like play Terran in the SC, so do I; He is not very tall, so do I...  But there is one big difference : He like spicy food very much, I don't.

Qing Zhi, my mentor, a very kind and patient guy. I think at this time(when I writing this Blog), he will feel very happy, because he has just become a father. Congratulations for you, Qing. Could you tell me is it a girl or a boy ?
Yes, he is much more than just my mentor, also is one of my best work partner, and friends. Because we have totally different characters: I like adventure and look forward, be impatient sometime, while he always thinks very carefully and looks around in the work...So we are born to be best partners ( thanks to the arrangement of Jun Su, our tech leader) . Every time when I have some new but un-mature ideas, I will discuss them with him first, and ask for his opinions. He always give me help and courage, even sometime I did really bad. At that time, we always take meals together: some days we will argue some topics on the table and other days we talk about life, future... The happy time with him, I will never forget.

Tianchi Ma, Oh, he used studied in my university, Zhejiang Univeristy. Yes he really is a genius in our team. The first contact of us is on my camper, after the MS college teach-In. We have a long talk that day, and we also exchanged opinions about my career, about the Microsoft. He gave me my first task in MS, to implement the Map-Reduce framework prototype. We were coding, seeking bugs together, and he always keep saying "对不对啦" after having an idea.  In my memory, there is never a problem could stuck him; every time when I have troubles in the work, he always could help me solve them. More than that, not only his work, he also be good at music, classic literature, .... I still remember we recite archaic poems together on the way back from KTV, he can remember much more than me ...


to be continued...

Jun Su,
Yiding Zhou,
George Yan,
Yutong Sun,
Keshuang Shen,
Violet Cong...

No comments:

Post a Comment